A security guard training course can be completed in 10 days, both face to face and online learning is required.
The security guard course training involves the completion of fourteen units of competence, the course certificate is called CPP20218-Certificate II Security Operations, this is a Nationally recognised qualification.
For students with previous Military, Law Enforcement or Security experience, we offer an assessment only pathway to your qualification. We also offer full support and training for those who have no experience in law enforcement or security.
All Multisec Training’s security courses are delivered by highly competent trainers who have been members of the security industry and law enforcement bodies for decades. It is this experience that combines to make your training experience one of the best in the State.
Combined with outstanding support both during and after your course, you will be supported to gain the knowledge and qualifications to apply for a Class 1A security licence, to become a security guard.
Although it is for all ages, security guards still need to be physically fit. This isn’t to say that security guards need to be Olympic athletes, but they do need to be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time and they need to possess good upper body strength. The reason for this is at times they need to be able to carry people who are injured or in harm’s way and can’t move themselves, or you may need to restrain a person who is intending to harm you or members of the public.
The course itself consists of fourteen units of competency, it is this security training that teaches students the skills they require to become a security guard.
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2102 Applies legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team.
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations.
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients.
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques.
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security.
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects, and items to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises.
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behavior to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons.
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises.
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables.
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid (credit transfer).
Security Guard Jobs
Becoming a security guard is a fantastic career for people of all ages, with a large variety of jobs they can choose from. As a security guard you have a career choice of a mobile or static patrol guard, a crowd controller. Crowd Controllers are used in hotels and large venues such as music festivals. A Security guard’s work is highly respected and important as they work with the police and with the client to reduce the risk of crime.
Nationally Recognised Qualification
Once you have completed your training with us, you will receive a Certificate II in Security Operations, a Nationally recognised qualification. This qualification will allow you to apply for a security licence with the NSW Police Force and the Security Licensing Enforcement Directorate (SLED). When you apply, you will also need to provide SLED with proof of identification and a copy of your first-aid certificate.
When you train with Multisec Training to be a security guard, we deliver Premium Security Guard Training.
Other Available Courses
Training for a career as a Security Guard, to become a Security Guard in NSW you require a CPP20218-Certificate II Security Operations, this qualification is nationally recognised.
This qualification is for security risk analysts who apply technical security and operations expertise in a risk management environment. CPP41519-Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis
This course has been designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to provide first aid. This certificate HLTAID011-Provide First Aid is to be completed prior to starting the Certificate II in Security Operations course.
This course has been designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to provide CPR. Your CPR skills could save a life. Certificate HLTAID009-Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation