To get a security license in Sydney you must first complete a CPP20218-Certificate II Security Operations, pre-qualifications including being 18 years old, a fit and proper person to hold the class of licence, no criminal record.
Standards of a Security Guard
The candidate sought to hold a security license must operate as a security officer in NSW, be employed by a master licensee, or hold a master licence of your own.
You must also apply to the Security Licence Enforcement Directorate (SLED) for a licence. At the time of applying, you must provide SLED with 100 points of ID, your current first aid certificate and a CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.
SLED Training Providers
To obtain a security license, you must first complete a CPP20218 Certificate II Security Operations, you must first apply to one of the NSW based approved training providers.
This is to say, a training company that is approved to deliver the security licence course in NSW. A list of training providers can be located on the Security Licensing Enforcement Directorate website.
Multisec Training is an approved provider and has been operating in the sector for a number of years.
Pre Learning Requirements
Once you decide to enroll into a security license course in Sydney, you will be required to undertake a number of pre-learning exercises and quizzes prior to commencing your face to face classes.
Short Training Course
Multisec Training was the first provider in NSW to offer a Security Licence Enforcement Directorate approved Security Licence Course that went for two weeks.
All other providers at that time were only offering a three-week course. A number of providers have now followed suit, seeing the benefit to industry and to the students in a shorter, more targeted and relevant security licence course.
As previously stated, the length of Multisec Training’s security course is ten days face to face learning, as well as a number of days pre-learning.
The pre-learning can at times make the length of the security license course go for up to five weeks. However, you are in control of this and could, provided you reduce the length of time you take to do the pre-learning, which of course if self-paced, to as little as 3 weeks. This includes a week of pre-learning and 2 weeks face to face.
Multisec Training has a number of very experienced trainers who come from various areas of the NSW Security and Law Enforcement industries.
Location in Sydney
Multisec Training delivers the security licence course in Auburn Sydney, at 15 / 191 Parramatta Road, AUBURN NSW 2144 with free onsite parking for our students.
Units of Competency
The length of the course with Multisec Training is 10 days face to face. If the pre-learning is taken into consideration, the length of the course could be as long as 5 weeks. However, you are able to reduce the actual length of the course if you are able to do your pre-learning quicker. Within the security license course , 13 units of competency need to be completed, to qualify for the security licence certificate. These units are:
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team.
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations.
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients.
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques.
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security.
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects, and items to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises.
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons.
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises.
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables.
Not only does Multisec Training offer the shortest and most relevant security licence course in Sydney, it also has the best training rooms, and is the most economical provider, with a course fee of $1100.00.