CPP20218Certificate II in Security Operations
The course comprises of fourteen (14) units of competency including the prerequisite unit – Provide First Aid which must be possessed before you enrol.
CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations is a brand-new course that supersedes the old ‘Certificate II in Security Operations.’
Multisec Training offers two separate pathways to successful attainment of the new Certificate II in Security Operations.
HOW TO ENROL
You must possess a current Provide First Aid HLTAID003 prior to commencing a course.
You will be required to attend Multisec Training Rooms at Bankstown to undergo a Literacy, Learning and Numeracy (LLN) assessment followed by a short familiarisation seminar on how Multisec Training structures the Certificate II in Security Operations.
Upon successful completion of the LLN and payment of the course fee, you will be enrolled into a course and provided with a password to access the Student Portal where you will undertake a predetermined amount of self-paced learning and training. This pre-learning must be completed prior to commencing the face-to-face component of the course
The face-to-face component of the course involves 10 days face to face instruction at Bankstown, where you will be involved in facilitator lead classroom instruction, and interactive, hands-on practical assessments.
Successful completion of this course will see you awarded a Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20218 and permitted to apply for a Class 1AC Security Licence.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a NSW Security Licence and to commence this course
- You must provide identification equivalent to 100 points
- An adult language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment must be successfully passed
- The required pre-course volume of learning and training must be completed prior to commencement of the face to face component of the course
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian resident or a holder of a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia (other than a student or working holiday visa).
- No criminal history
PRE COURSE LEARNING:
You will be required to undertake pre-course learning that should commence three weeks prior to you commencing the course.
Multisec Training will provide you with login details and support to successfully compete the required learning
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Birth Card
- Australian Passport that is current or no more than 2 years out of date
- International Passport that is current
- A national photographic identity document, Citizen card or Passport card (current or expired within the last two years but not cancelled)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Photo identity card issued under Australian law
- Department of Immigration and Border protection issued document
- State/territory issued proof of age card, Mobility parking scheme (MPS) card
- A photographic identification card issued to a public employee by a Government Agency or Authority
- Tertiary Education Institution identity card (current or expired within the last two years)
- Seniors / Government concession card
- Department of Veterans Affairs entitlement card or Australian Defence Force identity card
- Centrelink card / Medicare card
- Utility notices such as electricity, gas, water or rental contracts or rates notice
- hone bills, motor vehicle registration, electoral enrolment
WHAT TO BRING:
- Full payment must be made prior to being given access to the student portal and commencement of the pre-course online volume of learning and training
- Proof of Identification up to 100 points must be provided before payment can be accepted
- Writing paper, pen and a highlighter.
- Proof that you possess a Provide First Aid HLTAID003 certificate
Multisec Training Rooms
Suite 11/69 The Mall, Bankstown
BANKSTOWN (5 mins walk from BANKSTOWN Railway Station)
PLEASE NOTE: If you don’t have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) you will need to apply for one, or give Multisec permission to create one on your behalf.
Multisec Training is a COVID safe organisation.
When in our premises you must follow the following rules.
Where practical, keep 1.5 metres apart.
Bring your own pen/paper and don’t share
Bring your own food and water, and don’t share
Don’t car pool to and from training, unless from the same household.
If feeling any COVID symptom, even the slightest, don’t attend class and get tested ASAP.
When undertaking practical assessment wear PPE as provided by Multisec Training.
wipe down equipment and desks before and after use.
CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects, and items to maintain security
CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
HLTAID003 Provide first aid (credit transfer)
Upon successful completion of this course, Multisec will provide you with as much assistance as possible to gain employment in the NSW Security Industry. This includes providing you with application forms for a security licence and explanations on how to fill the application form in.
Upon request Multisec can provide you with assistance on how to:
- complete and maintain a CV
- how to apply for a job, and
- how to present at a job interview
Certificate II in Security Operations
The successfull completion of this course will enable you to apply for a NSW Security Licence. Once you have the Security Licence you can apply for jobs or work as a Security Officer.
Course Start Dates
19 July 2021
9 August 2021 __________________
30 August 2021
Last Days To Enrol
19 July 2021
30 August 2021